Sunday, January 08, 2006

C-mass fool!

C-mass, so this year everybody came to our place!
This was our first year hosting Christmas so Emily and I felt like real grown-ups (I know isn't that crazy!). So for the first time ever, the kids cooked and the adults had wine and played Scrabble. Speaking of Scrabble, don't EVER play with Emily. I played with her last week and we were barely half done with the game and she had 300 points compared to my 150 (GRE here I come). So the big advice from Kaplan for taking the GRE is to read the New York Times and Wall Street journal because theys have the big words. Good thing I spent 35 buckaros on that book. Ok so I digress....
No holiday is complete with out Emily tourturing the Yakko. So I thought I'd show y'all a picture of the horror this poor cat has to endure every holiday. Now I know you think this may be cruel, and I do feel a little guilty for participating and taking the pictures, but hey the little crapper has taken a liking to my hand made speakers and uses the carpeting as his personal scratching post. Which is really not ok because it took me about 2-3 hours per speaker to get the carpeting glued on with rubber cement which accidently got my 17 year old self high because I didn't open the windows. My bedroom reeked of rubber cement for like a week, I don't know why I never bothered to open the windows, funny that?
Back to Christmas, so Dane being the smart cat he is, hid under the tree so unfortunately, he was unavailble for the group picture in which he would wear reindeer ears. Oh well, there's always next year... Other than that it was a pretty normal Christmas: wine, food, family, presents

No comments: